The Heart Wins!

When I was a kid, I was promised that if I worked hard, got a good education, I would succeed in life. As I looked around, I saw exactly that; engineers, doctors, plumbers, they all had jobs .. they were all getting paid. It all seemed so reasonable. The only thing was …. didn’t like the idea of going to University, getting a degree and entering the job market! As it turns out, I am glad I ignored everyones advice … and followed my own heart.

The tools we needed 30 years ago, were a very different set than those needed today. If we rely on the school-system to provide us with the tools we need to succeed in life, we may be setting ourselves up for disappointment.

I have made many, many decisions in my life that were as far from sensible as a decision could be … and most of them, have worked out very well for me. My inner-voice, as it turned out, was worth listening to. 

As someone once told me “one of the most important distinctions we should learn to make is the distinction between fact and opinion” (Robert Kiyosaki) My own opinion is that this is a very useful piece of advice. 


Sometimes the opinions of others are worth listening to, and sometimes they are not. Whenever you think you need to choose between heart and mind - remember this - the heart (in this sense) actually resides in the mind. It may be worth listening carefully …. JBW

Comments

Popular Posts