Never be so self-indulgent to think the universe cares ...

Nature neither loves you or hates you - nature is indifferent. Most of the people in the world are similar in their feelings toward you; just like nature, they are neither trying to thwart you or help you … they are just indifferent.
Pessimists look at that indifference and see it as malevolence; optimists look at the indifference and see it as benevolence … I look and see it for what it is: indifference; I consider myself a realist.
Knowing this allows me to take full and complete responsibility for how my life unfolds. I am responsible for the mistakes and the successes alike. Responsibility … ‘ability to respond’ … respond to circumstances, respond to environmental considerations, respond to outside forces and internal whims/thought bubbles alike … JBW

Comments

Popular Posts